Monday, June 9, 2008

Wet Weekend

We've had a lot of rain lately. Normally Calgary is an extremely dry place, but occasionally we get a couple weeks of heavy rains that transforms our city. I live on the 11th floor of a downtown apartment building so flooding hasn't been a problem for me and puddle splashing is loads of fun.

The vegetation loves it and takes full advantage of all the moisture. The Tikit looks right at home. I'm guessing Eugene, OR [home of Bike Friday] is probably a wetter place than Calgary.

I've been riding my Tikit exclusively the last few days. I haven't needed to pick up anything large with my Big Dummy and as I posted earlier the Tikit is a great rain bike. Luckily it's too large for all my friends to ride or I think I wouldn't get to see it much! I suppose that's one advantage of riding a large frame....=-)

No comments: